Friday, July 21, 2006

blog crush

Ironic that yesterday I made a post about one of the working papers I read on dating. When I first searched about the topic on Google, I found out about Jacqueline Passey’s blog. I subscribed to her feed because she seemed -- and truth be told, is -- so interesting. A few days ago, Jacqueline posted about her new portrait that she’ll use for her website.

First, let me just admit that I know I’m “Johnny come lately,” on this (her comments section is PACKED with good reviews about the photo). However, I’m smitten with Ms. Passey. One of my prevailing interests with the latest photo is that she reminds me so much of someone who I had such a huge crush on when I was in college. You have to trust me when I tell you that the resemblance is uncanny.

Unfortunately, with history being the dictator that it seems to be (e.g. see:
Middle East Crisis), I will never go out with Jacqueline Passey. As it turns out, I’m not terribly attractive, an award winning economist (although I try really hard there), or a well accomplished gambler. All the same, I will be happy to keep dreaming, thank you.

No comments: