Tuesday, September 26, 2006

An Open Letter to Subaru

Greetings, I am the owner of a 2005 Impreza WRX STI. I would like to ask a few questions. First, am I correct in assuming that many of your vehicles (including a 2005 STI) come from the factory with tint on all windows – except the windshield?

Second, as I purchased the vehicle pre-owned (it was a lease turn-in), I had to go to the DMV to have a VIN check performed where they made me take it through inspection knowing that they could fail me for the window tint (apparently, even though only for a VIN check, they have the right to inspect vehicles on call if they’re in the lane). 70% light is required to go through the windows (Delaware State Law) and the Subaru’s tint only allowed 39%. What is Subaru’s official statement on their use of window tint in vehicles? Is there any comment on this situation (or prior similar situations)?

Please know that I am in no way mad at
Subaru, or my dealer. Both my vehicle and Matt Slap Subaru are excellent, however I believe I am deserving of some official statement in what is an apparent incongruence between Delaware State Law and one specific manufacturing standard (window tint) of Subaru.

1 comment:

Matt Huggins said...

Yeah, get 'em!