Monday, April 23, 2007

On Historically Black Colleges

Steve Levitt writes that, “it appears that the traditionally White institutions have evolved to better serve the needs of Black students.”

Levitt makes out that conclusion from a paper by his good friend Roland Fyrer and Michael Greenstone. And with my previous posting on having been a participant in Residence Life while I was in college, I once again question as to what I learned there. That is to say, I have learned more in my economics classes and economics blogs than I have from the diversity training that was mandatory to become a Resident Assistant in college.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This isn't related to college at all.... but I saw this article and thought that you would find it interesting. I'd love to hear your opinion on this:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/29/news/honeybees/index.htm

Anonymous said...

http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/29/news/honeybees
/index.htm

this is the whole link, sorry it cut off up there :)