Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rally Argentina

In case anyone thought I forgot about the Rally Argentina a few weeks ago, I didn’t. It merely took me forever to find the time to watch the coverage.

The rally followed the gist of the season for the most part. Sebastien Loeb in his Citroen C4 finished first, Marcus Grönholm’s Ford second, and Miko Hirvonen third in his Ford as well. Petter Solberg ran well but was forced to retire with a mechanical failure.

Solberg’s Subaru teammate, Chris Atkinson, finished 7th after a tumultuous rally where an inspiring drive on one part of the day was be followed by a bad car setup. While I can’t be sure of what he said, I’m pretty sure Chris Atkinson commented at the end of one stage, “We’re just wasting our time if it’s going to be like this.”

The rest of the leader board had the usual smattering of Ford drivers such as Henning Solberg and Jari Matti-Latvala.

The Rally Sardigna just happened over this weekend, and I’ll try to report on that by Thursday night. In that post I’ll also try to give everyone a recap as to where we stand in terms of the drivers and constructor’s championships.

No comments: