Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A new consensus?

I remember when I first heard about Scott Ginsberg through an article posted on CNN back in 2003. I ordered his first book as soon as I could, and I have been a fan of his since.

With that said, when Jacqueline Passey
made mention that, “Finding a good mate is a combination of both being a good potential mate yourself *and* marketing,” bells started going off in my office because that’s the idea that Scott Ginsberg has spoken of.

I really think that they might be onto something.

And while on the subject of dating, in case
this comment was missed, my good friend Kevin left the link to a description of the “matching hypothesis”. Apparently, in dating, there’s a good chance it will all work out for everyone. No worries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what a persons taste in a mate might be if that person grew up not being influenced by society in the terms of dating and attractiveness? I'm wondering if there is a huge skewed view of attractivness and dating more so than what has been discussed by people tackling that subject.

Or I wonder if the findings in the "matching hypothesis" would hold true. I'm guessing that if a person didn't know anything that insinct would take over and they would go for the most attractive mate. But what defines "attractive" in that scenario? Strange...

Anonymous said...

Dude,

The day you start tagging Jacqueline Passey as an expert in anything is the day you totally lose your credibility.